
Here are a few of my favorite random crushes in honor of Valentine's day, in no particular order...

"Mo"
Oh Mo. Mo was a photographer with Olan Mills that always showed up at Picture Day in high school. He wasn't particularly attractive, but he had big curly hair, bug eyes and glasses and (apparently) a thing for high schoolers. Looking back, I don't know why I thought he was so hot but I made sure I was extra silky smooth whenever he was coming to our school.

Dr. Basilico
Yeah, I don't know. I found it very hard to pay attention in grammar this summer. April G. and I had fun. My cheeks hurt from smiling from the time I walked in the door at 5:30 until I left at 9:40. Four hours a week and I still have no idea what he was talking about. Probably why I still can't properly diagram a complex compound sentence, avoid comma splices, and end sentences without a preposition.

Djimon Hounsou
I mean, seriously. Do I really.. have to.. I'm just saying.. he's...

(almost) any random firefighter
This fascination started at Auburn. When I lived in the CDV freshman year, someone would pull the fire alarm at least twice a week at like 2 in the morning. The firefighters would come and sweep the building and before I knew it I started sleeping in cute pjs instead of passing out in whatever I wore out the night before. In my sleepy state, they all looked like the guy above but I'm pretty sure they probably looked more like Fire Marshall Bill. But I'm very particular. I only like firefighters in their overalls, not the uniform.
Honorable Mentions: cute but pint-size T.I., golden oldie Ed Harris, the gay but fabulous Anderson Cooper, the always delicious Ben Harper, and the fierce and fantastic Christian Siriano


5 comments:
Ummmm Mo was with Bill Miller Photography. Let's get that one straight. I remember....
LL you are so right and I am so lame. Thank you for highlighting that crucial error! :)
I remember that guy!! I realize this doesn't really add to the conversation. I'm the annoying girl in class who agrees with everybody and says, "me too."
I miss Dr. Basilico. I think about him every time my students make a grammatical error.
Lori, your observations are always welcome. You don't need to bring a dish, as long as you come to the party!
April, I have become completely incompetent when it comes to comma usage. I really miss that class!
Post a Comment