
People can say what they want.
Like most, I have cocked my head to side when a new image of Michael Jackson appeared on magazine covers. "Lord, what's he doing now?" "I hope his kids are okay." "Why does he need another 24k chandelier??"
But the bottom line is, I am a Michael Jackson fan. Always have been. His music is typically playing in any office I have occupied over the course of my working life. When one of his songs plays on the radio, I almost have to pull my car over because I cannot make any promises regarding my spastic body movements and it's hard to see the road when I'm squeezing my eyes shut to hit the high notes at the end of "Man in the Mirror."
His music does something to me. It transcends. It's not just about him. It's about the parts of myself that I sometimes forget are there until I hear his music.
If you don't get it, that's fine. If you don't respect him, that's fine too. But at least have respect for the loss of a life -- he was somebody's son, brother, friend, dad.
Click here for Usher's rendition of "Gone Too Soon," one of my all-time favorite songs.
anw


0 comments:
Post a Comment