Let's Watch the Star Tattoo Craze Officially Die

About 4 years ago, I decided I wanted to get my first tattoo. I went through a couple of bad ideas (including getting Ben Harper's signature target on my wrist) before settling on these adorable little stars I saw on actress (and present-day slore) Sienna Miller.



But being the punk that I am, I decided against getting a tattoo. I was sure that I'd be completely unhappy one day when my cute little 5-point stars would morph into a fleeting sci-fi lookin' Haley's Comet on my sagging middle-aged skin. Then Rihanna, Chris Brown and every other random celebrity started getting them and they became totally played out.

Or so I thought.



Bless her.

When this eeeee-diot appeared on my computer screen I felt the birth of a new kind of stupid and the official death of the star tattoo craze. It's done. That bird has cooked.

Allegedly, this little lady went to the tattoo parlor to get 3 tasteful stars on the side of her face. But the trusting girl drifted peacefully to sleep to the lullaby of the artist's needle scarring human flesh. She "woke up" hours later with 56 stars on her face.

Bull.

Why so skeptical? Cause this dude was the tattoo artist:




Something tells me he might have a bit of a flare for the dramatic. You don't go to this guy if you want your sorority's letters on your ankle, Tweety Bird on your shoulder, or three tiny stars on your face.

anw

Click here for the full story.

UPDATE: She's finally admitted that she lied because she was scared that her dad was going to be mad at her. I can't imagine why he would be. It's not like it's gonna impact her job prospects, wedding photos, CHILDREN'S wedding photos... Imagining herself at 80 with what will be shooting stars by then should be punishment enough.

0 comments: