Firsts: Media Tripping

Last month, I was lucky enough to go on a media trip (my first) to yummy Destin, Florida. Media trips are an excellent way for a journalist (which I apparently am) to travel to beautiful locations, learn about travel writing, and network with some highly decorated folks in the biz (which is TOTALLY what everybody calls it, the biz).

I am working on an article about Destin and recently started digging through my photos from the trip. I experienced so many firsts there: first media trip, first time to the beach, first time on a boat, first time I've eaten fish that was alive about 45 minutes before it was on my plate, first time I've schmoozed with large and varied group of travel writers. I must have TONS of great photographs, right!?!

Wrong.

On a catamaran cruise. In a hat.



In the jacuzzi.


On the catamaran. No hat.


Listening to my I-Pod on the beach.


On my balcony with friends. And by "with friends" I mean alone.


As it turns out, I was that loser taking self-portraits. Dangit!

anw

0 comments: