The Evolution

This December, I will become an aunt for the third time. My nephew Myles is 7. My niece Arissa is 3. I cannot WAIT to meet the newest addition to our family - another little girl.

I can, however, wait to try to tame the beast that is another niece's hair. For three years now, my sister-in-law, my mom, and myself have all made valiant attempts to get the upper hand. I know what you're thinking... how bad could it be, right?

This picture was taken in the playroom (formerly known as my bedroom) in my parents' house. Where do you even start with this head of hair!?! If feasible, I'd love to meet with a S.W.A.T. team to sketch out a plan of action. But it hasn't always been this way. Observe the evolution.


Growing, but still manageable. (And so darn cute)
Teeny poof balls emerge at her 1st birthday party. But before long...

Even her crown can't decide which poof ball to rest on.
So, after a few too many evenings trying to decide what to do with this after a bath with her favorite 4 rubber duckies,



my sister-in-law decided to invest in man's finest invention since the Swiss cake roll: The Instyler. "The whaaat??" you say? The INSTYLER. I call it the Insty-Miracle Worker. She's ready for her close-up, Mr. Demille!


Bring it on baby #3! BRANG. IT. OHN.

anw

P.S. When I was younger, I'd planned to name my kids Patience, Rayne, and Oshun. I had issues.

0 comments: